Corals and anemones?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have read that some corals as well as anemones can harm humans??? Do u wear gloves when handling all ??? if so what type of gloves???

I read the same thing about zoos ( i think) but i can't remember where. I wish i did because i am immunosuppressed and that is a concern of mine. Can some one please enlighten us. TIA

I wear gloves only when I am reaquascaping, etc...any time I have my hands in the tank for a long time. That's for the tank's safety, not mine.

I do not wear gloves either. Some people can be sensitive to toxins and a local reaction in the form of a rash can occur. It really depends how sensitive you are to them.

Interesting. I wonder why sites make a big deal about it. Maybe some ppl are extremly allergic to it

heh i was just about to make the same comment, most sites ive read said they can and will sting you so handle with care

I`ve handled every fish and coral in my tank by hand. What a man!! Good thing I dont have any lion fish or fox faces. LOL

i use aqua gloves...but that's just cause i bought them and i like to keep my arms dry when messing with stuff and of course to keep stuff from my hands and arms out of the water.

In the Contscientious Marine Aquarist...those that have read it....the author suggests gloves for moving LR. He says it's because it's fairly easy to cut yourself on some pieces of LR. :shrug: FWIW

Back
Top Bottom