Corals in a seahorse tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savannafish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,
I am currently cycling my second seahorse tank. I don’t have anything it in besides live rock and it is cycling correctly. I would like to put in some corals once I am all set up with the seahorses in the tank. I’ve done a little bit of research and seems like you can put soft corals in there with the seahorse but I’m gonna be quite honest with you guys...I don’t know anything about corals lol. I would like to get a some options on weather if not it’s a good idea to put a few in there or not, and if it is what corals to put in there and what are some good ones for beginners. Of corse I will do lots more research on them but I don’t want to waste money on the corals and there set up if it’s not a good idea.
Thanks!!

Most softies will do fine with horses. Gorgonians as well. Montipora species may do ok as well but may need more flow than a seahorse tank will yield.

Stay away from Lps corals like hammers, torches, galaxea, and brain corals that can sting the ponies.

Most softies will do fine with horses. Gorgonians as well. Montipora species may do ok as well but may need more flow than a seahorse tank will yield.

Stay away from Lps corals like hammers, torches, galaxea, and brain corals that can sting the ponies.

I was planning on upgrading my 90gph pump to a 120gph. I actually just ordered it. I was looking at Kenya tree corals and seems like they only need an led light and low flow. There were a few more on my list that I had found but Kenya’s were on the top. I was looking at food for them and I saw coral frenzy...have u heard of it?? Also how often do you need to feed them...I read somewhere 1-2 times a week but I would need someone to clarify.

Photosynthetic corals robe need to be fed. They get everything they need from the lights. Kenya trees are pretty indestructible as far as corals go. Definitely no need to feed it though

Photosynthetic corals robe need to be fed. They get everything they need from the lights. Kenya trees are pretty indestructible as far as corals go. Definitely no need to feed it though

Oh that’s interesting...if I were to get that type no need to feed anything? Do they grow fast or on the slower side?

Extremely fast. People consider it to be a nuisance coral lol but it is a fantastic beginner coral for that reason.

Extremely fast. People consider it to be a nuisance coral lol but it is a fantastic beginner coral for that reason.

If it’s gets to big how do I get rid of it? Cut it off the rock?

Back
Top Bottom