corals in biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
i think ive asked this question before,but what type of corals would i be able to put in my 29gal biocube?

all depends on the lighting. you can go to nano tuners and find an upgrade or just stick with lps and softies. what were you thinking of adding?

You should have no problem growing those corals in your nano cube

Great,are there any other corals i could have in my nano without changing the lighting?

Yea i could have blastos, acans, hammers, torches, leathers, favias. There are many options when it comes to what u can put in a nano. Try to stay away from SPS corals. Most important is to keep the lens that covers the lights clean and change the bulbs when it is nec. Ofcourse also keeping up with adding ur chemicals to give the corals the nutrients they need.

I use alkalinity, calcium, iodine, strontium. That what i use in my system and have been using the same stuff for close to 10 years

I'd highly recommend you rely on regular water changes to ensure those chemical are up to snuff. It'll provide all you need.

Try not to get into a habit of adding chemicals you cannot test for to see it you've added too much or too little. Bad idea.

i agree on the chemicals, or lack thereof. i have kept thriving sps dominated reefs with just weekly water changes. i've never added iodine or strontium to a tank since i've been in the hobby.

Imo all tank work differently. U have to see what works for u. It really is what works for you. I have had sps tanks, lps tanks, and soft coral tanks and the chemicals have worked great for me. I do my water changes every two weeks instead of every week.

+1 for no chemicals, try to keep it as natural as possible. as for xenia i have a few stalks of pom pom on a single rock on the sand bed seperated (island style) so itll only grow on that tank, though one stalk is being sneaky and growing on the sandbed, but ill attach it to the island when i do my PWC

thats whats what i was gonna get for my xenias and keep them away from my other lr and corals

Back
Top Bottom