Corals not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright I'll have to go look at it later tonight in not home tonight but yea I just ordered a list of zoanthids so in really hope I can keep them healthy ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394297451.947111.jpg

Also what do you guys suppliment your tanks with ,what kinda salt mixes? are you running a fuge?

The salt mix is all you need to keep soft corals happy. There is no need to supplement at all unless in a heavily stocked sps tank. Whatever salt you pick will be fine for soft corals as long a you keep up with water changes weekly.

Well I have a few Lps to the require minimal calcium any brand you prefer?

My frag tank takes t5ho so I'll have to upgrade my bulbs probably but do you think I should just upgrade to those par 38 reef bulbs? Or just stick with t5?

And also what types of bulbs should I run if I decide to just stick with t5's on the frag tank it usually is only gonna have zoanthids

I'd probably just stick with the t5s but should I upgrade to maybe a 4 bulb fixture? The frag tank mostly contains zoanthids and softies same with my main display.

And what type of bulbs should I do like atinics 420 daylights what would you guys do?

A 2 bulb t5ho is just fine for soft corals and polyps. You could upgrade, but why if that is all you're going to have in there? And if that was my tank and I was upgrading, I'd get LEDs to save myself money and keep anything photosynthetic my heart desires under it.

Yea true. Just mainly worried that my zoas have lost there color but hopefully new bulbs and really staying on top of my water will turn them back it's just hard cause I'm 16 and I got school and sports.

Back
Top Bottom