CoralVue-Any Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokiums

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm shopping around for MH equipment and someone suggested CoralVue. So, I was wondering if any had any experiense with their products.

If so, please let me know.

Ice Cap vs coralvue?

I have an aqualine buschke system. It is HQI. The reason I went with coralvue is because it is very difficult to find 250 watt 20k bulbs in HQI. They make them, I decided to give them a try and liked what I got.

Excellent. I spoke with David from Coralvue a couple of hours ago. I'm going to give them a long look.

Thanks.

I have coralvue electornic ballasts and 10K coralvue bulbs. Great customer support, one ballast need to be replaced and they sent a new one right away even before I returned the bad one. I really like them but wish I would have gone w/ the 20K bulbs instread.

Aqualine just came out with there new 20K HQI bulbs. They will be on the market shortly!

Jamal-188, why did you wish you would have gone with the 20K? David suggested I go with two 12K. That most people where doing that and removing there actinics.

What are your thoughts?

I use 20k 175w and like it quite a bit. They are blue but IMO do not alter the colors of my corals all that much. I will probably try a 10k in the future. As for the company, I think the product is excellent. You can get great deals on them at www.diyreef.com .

I just order two retro kit,. 2 x 250 12K. Now I need to learn how to build a canopy for the lights. Any ideas?

How about running two 12K and no actinic. Does anyone have experience with that?

Back
Top Bottom