Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nope they dont allow....fish...hmm is smell a loophole. Clams and corals arent fish...

Wow I may just do that!

Old 09-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How does this rodi water unit look? I would need a portable one at school

Portable Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Compact) w/tank | eBay

Wait are they considered pets? How could they be..

Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dont get scared on the price. Craigslist is your friend. I got a 48” t5ho current usa 4x54watt for $120 and 75lbs of live rock for $75. I have also very successfully maintained a 75 gallon reef tank for a year with not one test kit, no refractometer, and no skimmer. I would get a ro/di, but with a 20 gallon you will be changing 2 gallons a week and at the most 2 gallons of evaporation... walmart has ro water for like 25 cents a gallon... I would suggest NOT going out and buying every single thing you could possibly need right at the beginning. You may do it for a couple months and realize its not something you want anymore. People are in and out of the hobby often, thats why you can find such great deals on things. If you plan on spending $500 I would get on craigslist and find a whole 75 or 90 gallon system with everything instead of buying individual stuff for your 20. Good luck
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinds04 View Post
Dont get scared on the price. Craigslist is your friend. I got a 48Ē t5ho current usa 4x54watt for $120 and 75lbs of live rock for $75. I have also very successfully maintained a 75 gallon reef tank for a year with not one test kit, no refractometer, and no skimmer. I would get a ro/di, but with a 20 gallon you will be changing 2 gallons a week and at the most 2 gallons of evaporation... walmart has ro water for like 25 cents a gallon... I would suggest NOT going out and buying every single thing you could possibly need right at the beginning. You may do it for a couple months and realize its not something you want anymore. People are in and out of the hobby often, thats why you can find such great deals on things. If you plan on spending $500 I would get on craigslist and find a whole 75 or 90 gallon system with everything instead of buying individual stuff for your 20. Good luck
Ha I have been very much into this hobby. I have two freshwater tanks but really love the clams and corals of sw tanks. I think that is a good idea as well, I scour craigslist almost daily to try to find deals but ill look harder. That makes me more confident that it can be done thanks wow those were good deals as well!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:09 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Where do you live I can help you find great deald
Old 09-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Where do you live I can help you find great deald
Outside Philadelphia, so i use the philadelphia craigslist

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com