Could I have gotten Lucky No Mantis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CBRGuy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got 100# of lr from lr.com last week and I have been watch my tank almost nonstop for little critters.

so far I have found:

a ton of crab(they will be moved once I get fish) about 15
4 bristle stars
Pencil urchin
ton of feather dusters at least 40
Bristle worms
and some sort of fat long worm with little fuzzy things on him. Look like a pipe cleaner.. I have not Idea what it is.

But NO MANTIS SHRIMP yet, Cuold I be that lucky or could one still be hidden.

I don't here any clicking, but there is a lot of sand on the rocks near some hole so I know that something is in there I just don't know what.

Give it a little time, chances are you'll come up with at least 1 mantis. My purchase of 140lbs from LR.com produced 6 mantis shrimp. Maybe you got lucky with none but I doubt it. :)

i doubt it as well :) heheh knew i had 2 on my 50# and after a month only seen and heard one so moved my rock from the 55 to the display keeping the one in the sump and two weeks later found the other clicking on a rock !! but now it been quiet for a few weeks so who knows were he is or mabe the reef lobster got him not sure if they would fight or not !!

Ok I guess I didn't get lucky. GrndHog I just saw you post about the mantis shrimp next to the pencil. I din't know that they can be that small.
I think I saw one attched to my power head this moring, but I didn't know what it was. It looks like a little pill bug and it is clear.. Do you think that is a mantis. I think it might be dead though it was caught in the moving powerhead.

I think I also found out that the fuzzy worm it a fireworm, but it is not red.

:( I am goin' huntin' tonight. :twisted:

Thanks..

The key is to listen to your tank. Clicking noises that sound like you clicking your fingernails together...that's mantis (probably).

As on another post...just because you have them doesn't necessarily mean that eradicating them is the highest priority. They can be a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom