Could I? Would YOU?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'd love to have a white cheek tang in my tank. Would it be ok to put in given my existing crew? Check my sig for tank and mate specs!

Pros? Cons?

Thanks.

The only thing I see that may cause a problem is with the yellow tang. If you get a WC tang and they have problems then you will have to get rid of one. IMO you will be fine with that size tank. The WC tang is not aggressive. I have one and love it! It will take a few days, then it will be eating out of your hand literally. :wink:

Check my gallery for a pic of it.

PS. They are very hardy. Mine was shipped form DFS and has went through QT and 2 QT and ich treatments just fine.

I dont see a problem with it, maybe move some of the rock around to make the yellow tang find a new home, It's what I did when adding a yellow tang,sailfin tang and blue tang all to the same tank, they got along great untill mr velvet killed my sailfin.

Thanks! I think once I find a good looking, healthy one I'll get it! My QT tank is dying for a new inhabitant!

It probably would have been easier to add the WC then the Yellow Tang. However, it is always a gamble. They will either respect each other, or not. I have an Anemone, and Hermit crab in a tank with a Saddle Wrasse and a Niger Trigger. And to top it off, I added a Hippo Tang about 3 months ago and they all get along. You can test the waters and see what happens. Good luck.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom