Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-16-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Could New Lights Kill Fish?

I installed 3 mh's a few days back and ran them a short while at a time letting the fish get used them. I went home yestaerday to find my dottyback dead. I left to go out of town concerned with the problem but their wasnt anything i could do because i was stressed for time, BAD SITUATION, but got a call that my sailfin was dead the next morning,
The lights were left on all day yesterday and this is when the problem all started. Is is possible that the light stressed them to much to soon and killed them. I have a clown ,a couple blenny's and a blue tang that may have ich still in their. From the report I get they seem to be fine, Any ideas of this could happen?

Old 01-16-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

What was the change in temp?

Old 01-16-2005, 11:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Their wasnt a change in temp.

Tags
light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com