Could there be something living in my rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have nanocube 24 with about 25 pounds live rock. I had a raw shrimp in there to help it cycle but when I woke up this morning it was gone. I finally found it behind all the live rock in a littler cave kinda thing buried mostly under a small rock. I don't see it being moved there by the current. Could there be something living in my rock big enough to move the shrimp?

Hi sounds a possibility? Could be bristle worms?Or a crab of some sort? Does it look as though its been chewed?

When you say raw shrimp - are we talking like a jumbo shrimp from a seafood store size, or ?

There's lots of creepy crawlies that live in those rocks - I have a few bristleworms who are definitely large enough to move smaller dead fish and the like...

Its been in there for a few days so its starting to kinda fall apart but it does look like one side is torn up or falling apart way more than the other side.
And its just a regular sized raw shrimp from the grocery store

Hi sounds like you got some thing in there:hide: probably just bristleworms? Have you spotted anything moving in there?

Back
Top Bottom