cpr bak pak with large air bubbles. please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have this skimmer and have had it running for a few months on a used tank that i bought used. i understand how to adjust the air intake and im sure ive got that part down.
im getting tons of large bubbles from the outlet of the skimmer. they are not visible inside the chamber so they must be coming from the outlet pipe. i was wondering what could be cuasing this or if there is a piece missing or something? thanks

come on guys, is my question to confusing?
i think that in missing a pipe. in some pics ive seen a long pipe that leads to the outlet of the skimmer but mine just has a hole and the outlet pipe. nothing conected to it from the inside. my cammera is down right now but will try to get a picture up soon.
does anyone have a picture of theirs they could post?
mine is the reef model with no bio bale. thanks.

i have the cpr bakpak2 reef ready skimmer what i do is take apart the pump and rinse under hotwater getting all the algea and what not in the propeller . also scold the collection cup with hot water and rinse clean ten put back onto skimmer and sit under about a half inch below the surface wait atleast a day and then it should work, maintaining the skimmer is a must as with all things reef like.

i have bubbles comming from the outlet as well then i dont sometimes. just do what i said and you should be fine.

I have gotten a few large bubbles on the output of my CPR backpack skimmer. In all honesty for the price I think this skimmer is a real rip-off. While it doesnt need tuned every week like many lower priced skimmers, it is prone to bubbles - loud noises - and suddenly skimming nothing but water. In addition to that my CPR will sometimes suddenly just stop making foam and need totally torn apart and cleaned for no apparent reason.

As for the bubble issue CPR makes a bubble trap for this skimmer that typically runs $16-30 bucks depending where you look at getting it. I personally have an issue with paying another 20 some dollars for something to better a product that is in my opinion already way overpriced. The Bubbletrap should be included on these skimmers from the start at no extra cost.

Back
Top Bottom