Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-17-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to aquafreak Send a message via MSN to aquafreak Send a message via Yahoo to aquafreak
CPR Overflow "bubbles" -- Help Needed

Hi :P

My CPR Overflow seems to be collecting bubbles. In doing so, it no longer retains its venturi which sends water down into the sump. My tank water level increases over a period of 24 hours and the surface no longer drains into the apparatus.

Does anyone know how to keep the bubbles out of the CPR Overflow? I've tried everything. There is a small tube which keeps suction that makes the system work but it is in effective.

Suggestions, additional question, please ask. Appreciate very much

Old 05-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to aquafreak Send a message via MSN to aquafreak Send a message via Yahoo to aquafreak
BUMP -- need to fix ASAP.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Please disregard....I will attach a Rio 800 with a venturi connector to create the suction required for a high performance overflow. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
I would get an aqualifter if I were you. Search on premium aquatics or marine depot for one. I use on all my CPRs and it will keep them flowing like a champ for 12.00 each. Definately pick up at least two as they only last 6 - 24 weeks at a time and there is no telling exactly how long you'll get out of one. I assure you though, if you hook one up to your CPR you'll be flowin' like a champ.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Much obliged 8)

...partial to the Rio though....use one for auto top off and it works very well.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:53 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

MY CPR runs with a Rio 600 re-venturi attached. It has run without incident for overy 18 months now.

As this pump doesn't really need to run all the time, I've connected it to my fresh water replenishment circuit. When evaporation triggers the system, the Rio comes on spits out any air trapped in the siphon. This contributes to random water movement, and the pump tends to activate every 5 or 10 minutes.

This is probably not good for the pump, but it has lasted at least long enough to justify it's cost....and it is still going.

40 Gal Hex, 10 Gal Sump, CPR overflow with Mag 7 return, Maxxima 35 RO/DI, 10K MH pendant, 2 x 15W actinic, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 high fin goby, 40lbs LR.com rock, 1 red head goby, 1 algae blenny, Leather, blastomussa, sun, and hammer corals, green polyps, carpet anemone, 2 sexy shrimp...and more LR critters than you could imagine in your worst nightmares.... Mantis in 5 gal
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble, bubbles, flow, overflow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com