Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do emerald crabs eat the good stuff of your live rock the purple and white stuff that was on the rock seems to be dissapering on mine

No urchins not tested for calcium the kit I've got doesn't have the test do I need to check that no corals yet

I've got a bunch of emeralds and have never seen them eat coralline. They generally just dig at the green algae in my tanks.

Could be calcium or essential elements, how often do you do water changes and how much volume?

I do water change every 2weeks 20 percent I'm due one but put 3 fish in tank my first fish will it be ok to do water change

I'd wait a day or two if you just added the fish, don't want to stress them out before they can get accustomed to the tank.

If you are regularly doing water changes i don't see that as being the issue with your coralline algae receding, the tank is getting enough calcium and elements with the water changes.

Well, white coraline means it's dying or dead. If you would test for calcium at your LFS, we could nip that in the bud right away. But if you're doing regular water changes like you said, calcium shouldn't be a problem. Have you changed your lighting at all? Photo period or intensity? Also, how hot does your tank get?

I've noticed if you expose coralline algae to air just for a few minutes sometimes it will die and turn white. So if you recently exposed it to air that could have turned it white.

Not changed a thing in the tank Caroline was doing fine the only thing I've been fiddling with is the skimmer what I'm doing with it to be onist I turd up the flow slow then I noticed the tank water dident seem as good so turd flow down water seems clearer thanks for the replys

Back
Top Bottom