Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

crab !

Here's where I'm at..
Bought a LR which had a full zoa colony over it, lovely antler style rock full of zoas.
It also had a hungry crab attached to it, after seeing my zoas diminish daly I decided to take LE out and hunt the bugger.
I didn't find him, I ruined my sponge corals (which I didn't know was there), I disrupted the tank and I got stung !

Happy?
NO

Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry this happened. Sucks you lost your coral and sponge. However, I don't know if you see humor in the way you wrote it, but lol to the ending.

On a different note. I highly suggest the glass on its side trick. I cought a few crabs this way. I put a lead sinker on a piece of shrimp. Put it in the cup and over night I caught two crabs.

Any idea what kind of crab you are dealing with?

Old 11-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for the idea, might try that one. I've not been able to ID the crab as yet.
LFS told me green eyes and red eyes are the bad guys, alls I know is that I'm getting red eyes from all the hours I'm looking for him
Grrrr

Thanks again

Tags
crab

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com