Crabs......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok lol thanks for the help! do u think it will spread fast or does it take a while?

Yes those are yellow polyps. That`s not the same as the pic you showed at the begining.

ok kool thanks my scooter blenny reallly loves to swim through it it likes it a lot do shrimp do okay with them because i did i a little research and i might go get a some kind of shrimp this week either a fire or a peppermint or a cleaner havnt decided any suggestions?

fire, peppermint, and cleaners are all reef safe shrimp. Just watch out for camel shrimp. they look similar to peppermints and will eat your corals. Just look up some pictures so you know the difference before you buy. The camel shrimp will have a hump on the back as the name implies. You might want to give your tank a little time to settle down since you have been adding stuff recently.

yah sorry bout that melosu they kind of look similar and that first one i found on google and this one i actually took a picture
(i just found my camera now) sorry for the confusion but THANK YOU everyone for the great advice

yep im definetly getten a fire shrimp on wednesday im reallly excited!!!!

oh ya in your guyses areas how much do the fire shrimp go for im just curious to see the price comparison

Not sure how much they cost but make sure you acclimate it for a long time. Inverts are usually a little more touchy about changes in salinity. Do you know how to do the drip acclimation method?

thanks do you use this acclimation like does it work pretty well

cause what i normally do is just put a coup of water from the tank every 20 minutes for 2 hours

That will work as well. Most people like the drip method a bit better because you can just set it up and leave it for a couple hours and it is a bit more gradual. As long as you take your time the shrimp will be fine either way though.

Back
Top Bottom