crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok guys i have a fish only with no live rock or sand i want to get the coolest crabs i can that will get along with themselfs and snails and shrimp also can i get a boxer crab without any inverts thanks for the help Jester

Try liveaquaria.com for crabs. They have pics and info on a lot of different kinds. I'm not familiar with boxer crabs, sorry.

Jester,
Maybe you are thinking of the boxer shrimp, which could be mistaken for a crab because of its ornate claws. Boxer shrimp as they are often called are actually banded coral shrimp. You can keep them in a fish only system, but they should not be added if you plan on having corals in the future.
Also only add one per tank, unless it is a true mated pair, as they will battle to the death. They have quite a personality on them and you can often catch them taking swipes at whatever passes by. Be prepared to cringe as they reach out for one of your pricey fish...lol. HTH
Travis

Back
Top Bottom