Cracked bottom on my 150 :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I was working on my 150 reef ready that I got from someone in NY a month or so back and noticed that the bottom in craced in the corner where the overflow is. The tank was moved with the bulkhead in becasue we couldn't remove it, so I"m thinking it may have rested or been bumped and cracked the glass.

So, I realize I can't fill this up now because the bottom would blow out. Can I remove the bottom glass, set the tank on the stand, and make a plywood/fiberglass bottom for the tank? I"m not real sure what to do but I don't want to trash the tank!?

Here is a pic of where the craks are

I'd look into putting a glass bottom back into the tank. All you'd have to do is seal it back in with silicone. I'm not sure you could get a piece of tempered glass with the needed holes in it, but I think you could replace it with a thick piece of regular glass. Maybe a piece of 1/2' with the holes drilled where you need them? That's what I would try anyway.

I do not think the 150's have tempered bottoms. I will look in my dealer book and let you know for sure. Otherwise cut the bottom panel out and have a local glass shop cut you a new piece and silicone it in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom