Cracked tank!!! 180gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

s007m77

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 180 gallon tank with a leaking cracked bottom what do you guys think I should do about it? First hand experence would be nice thanks

Attachments

• 1403621572300.jpg
    1403621572300.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 1403621586714.jpg
    1403621586714.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 123
You definitely have to replace the cracked piece. It can be done, and I've read to posts of some who have. But here's a link to the simple change:
Making Glass Aquarium Repairs - Repair Major Leaks

But sometimes Petco has the $1/gal tank sale and making the repair might not be worth your time. If you do make the repair, that's a perfect time to have the bottom drilled for an overflow

You definitely have to replace the cracked piece. It can be done, and I've read to posts of some who have. But here's a link to the simple change:
Making Glass Aquarium Repairs - Repair Major Leaks

But sometimes Petco has the $1/gal tank sale and making the repair might not be worth your time. If you do make the repair, that's a perfect time to have the bottom drilled for an overflow

It's too bad Petco doesn't sell 180g tanks! :)

Well I got the tank for free with the stand. Its worth something becouse if I dont repair it I can use the glass for another project. I got a quote for glass bottom with 4 holes drilled for $280 do you guys think thats worth fixing?

I would replace it. $280 isn't too bad for the glass with holes drilled. My 210 was almost $1800 for the glass so you're still lower than the cost to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks ill think about replacing it. Do you think theres a way to repair it?

No there is roughly 2000 pounds of water sitting on top of that glass. Repair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom