crap..I lost a 50 dollar bill in my tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MistaSparkL

Aquarium Advice Regular
I picked up an awesome tiger pistol shrimp and hi-fin goby a few days ago--they were paired and fantastical...I got to watch them follow each other around for about 4 minutes before they disappeared in my rockwork. Don't think I'll ever see them again---especially after it took the LFS guy 20 minutes to find them in a 5 gallon tank. Now I'm afraid they'll starve and foul up my tank.

How big is your tank? Give them some time to adjust. With any new additions, they need some time to get use to their new surroundings. They may come out more later. As long as they're properly fed they should be ok.

its a 70 gallon...yeah thats just it, i hope they'll be able to scavenge enough foodstuffs. My clown and tang are pigs.

They will be fine. I hardly ever see my pistol. They have (pistols) very poor eyesite and tend to stay in their burrows. When you feed the tank, the pistol should come out with it's antenna touching the goby or the goby will bring food back to him.

My shrimp and goby came in separate tanks. I got the LFS guy to put them in the same bag. When I got home I put them both in a small container to drip acclimate them..they started following each other around in there.

I also have a firefish goby that I've had for a year...sometimes it's weeks befor I see him at feeding time...he gets food from somewhere, though

Ziggy, Yes, I did, thats where I got the pistol and goby, haha. Thanks for referring me..they have a much larger selection, and their prices are much better than centreville aquarium's.

Ziggy, Yes, I did, thats where I got the pistol and goby, haha. Thanks for referring me..they have a much larger selection, and their prices are much better than centreville aquarium's.

Glad you visited them!! I get most of my live stock there. Since the move to the new store they haven't gotten things up and running at full capacity yet but they will eventually.

Fins & Feathers in ashburn is another good LFS. Are you a memeber of WAMAS? If not you should join there are always great deals for members at local stores.

Sweet! found my fifty bucks. My pistol and goby chose a hole in one of my rocks facing the front of the tank. They've just been poking in and out of their hole all day.

I prefer the marine scene in herndon...reston (not sure which). I usually try to go to fin and feathers, but they always seem to be at lunch when I go.

The Marine Scene is in your area, also Aquaco.

If you haven't joined WAMAS you might want to consider it. Most LFSs in the area offer discounts to members. It's a great organization.

Scott, you should try and get out there when they are open. Things have changed quite a bit since our world tour. Neilan and I were out there over this past weekend....they are making GIANT improvements and the deals are hard to beat on corals!

Really, I'll have to go check them out this week, when I go into the office.

no worries

i have the exact same two you have. the day i brought them home they were put in the tank together and the goby swam off from the shrimp. but two days later there were back together. the shrimp sometimes digs different burrows and the goby is at the otherf end of the tank. but they always pair up. the only bad thing i can say about them is the shrimp is always taking any unused hermit crab shells and burying them. so i am always put more in for my crabs. but they are also the best animals in my tank they have a new home dug everyday

Oh haha, marine scene is the name of the LFS.. I thought you were trying to say that the you just liked the marine scene in reston.

Back
Top Bottom