Crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris stevens

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had to leave the apartment for a couple days earlier this week (one night) and, knowing it would be very very hot left the A/C in the room running. wouldn't you know it, i come back last night to find the power out in my room, with a festering tank with no power. I don't know how long they were without power, but it was over 100F out and I'm imagining the tank, with the A/C dead, got pretty hot. all fish are dead. i removed all carcasses, did about a 50% water change and restored circulation, light, etc. and added amquel. my LTA, snails, and button polyps seem to be the soul survivors. my big question is about the green nepthea which i have in abundance in my tank. all of it is wilted over (still green, however with polyps barely showing), and when i touched it sloughed off a bunch of what appears to be dead matter. do you think it is dead? if so, should i cut them off the rock to avoid polluting the water any further? i can provide pictures upon request. help!

Not sure about the nepthea? But I hope everything turns out ok. Sorry to hear about the loss of all your fish.

Back
Top Bottom