Crazy new corals and prices to match! Higher costs overall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
It can't be just me noticing this; but there are some amazing corals popping up into the industry and prices that are out of this world.

Just got a sales promo email for a $159.99 US - (1) MUSHROOM per deal several beautiful colors available!!!!

Rock Flower Anemones running in the $200-300+.

So on one hand as always new introductions of things cost more, but wowzies!!!

Just wanted to throw out how stunned I was at seeing some of the costs for things. Even some of the basic prolific growing things like $25 for a little Kenya Tree (weed).

It seems to me a few years ago when I started looking at the little corals things were cheaper over all. Is there just so many more people getting into the hobby now too, they can offer a premium for EVERYTHING?

How about this one :)https://reefbuilders.com/2015/10/13/bounce-mushroom-sells-record-6000-single-polyp/

Mushrooms are the new hot corals. It used to be chalices but now mushrooms are all the craze. This hobby bounces each year. It was Zoas for a while then acros, then chalices and now bounce Shrooms and jawbreaker shrooms. Welcome to the reeling hobby!!

My motto is I'll pay what I think a piece is worth. There's plenty of deals and frag swaps are usually about 25-50% less than corals go for retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah the only way to buy corals for me are during live sales...but only the ones that are actually selling the corals at a "sale" price.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

bribo that takes the cake for a shroom! That is a very cool looking one though, lol!

Yes, I will want to pay only what I think is a good deal for anything. Rarely will I go crazy for something (but not THAT crazy). The crazy priced stuff usually will go down as they become more available and then the next craze comes.

Usually I have got things from locals only, never had anything shipped. But as I was looking, I didnt always see something locally that I wanted.

Anyhow, just wanted to mention the shock when I started to look for things to buy online!!!

Back
Top Bottom