Crazy tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crazy indeed...love the yellow tangs in 20gal tanks. Lost all credability with me.

When I looked at Ryan's 20G reef with a blue hippo tang in there. I just went Uh-oh. Hope our Tang Police community does not end up viewing that pics. That's an ouchie right there.

Gatorfreak said:
Mandarin Police reporting...

Mandarins in a 25gal and a 29gal. :(

Although I doubt this is the case, mandarins can do fine in a smaller system. I was reading about a guy who was able to keep one in a 6g nano cube. With proper pod harvesting, this is possible.

I hate sights like this, because they give someone new to the hobby the impression that it can be done and is OK. Just because one person can keep a mandarin in a 6g nano does not mean it should be done or the next person can do it. Enough fish die in this hobby without encouraging others to try irresponsible fish husbandry.

FYI, the person who posted this is someone new to the hobby with a 30g and is probably looking at these as justification to do some things they would like to, but have been advised not to do.

I am sure there are some experienced aquarists who own some of the tanks pictured, but some of what is shown is just down right irresponsible and borders on cruelty.

JMO,

Back
Top Bottom