Crazy thing happened last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artoledo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was sitting at home with the wife and I noticed some water coming from my old stand. This was a tank and stand i bought off of craigslist for $150. Either way, I look and notice that the tank sprung a leak. I had to run to Home Depot to get some pipe to finish off my overflow kit in my new tank. I hadn't set it up because I was waiting to move into my new house to set up the new tank. Anyways, I had to grab a trash can and fill it up with water and put a powerhead, a heater and all my livestock in there and started to move all the rock and water to the new tank. After about an hour or so, I got everything over into the new tank. I had an incident with my Yellow Tang. My wife netted him out of the garbage can and when she put him into the tank, his fin bone got stuck inbetween the net. She stuck her hand in to help him out and he stabbed her with the bone and began to shake real fast. A small piece of the fin bone broke off and he disappeared into the rock mess. I just threw everything in a hurry to make sure the tank was in livable conditions for the livestock. I didnt even care for making everything look nice at the moment. I had to reuse my old sand because I have the new sand in the second bedroom and didnt even realize it was there until after the fact. Its been an exhausting night and the smell of the old tank is really grossing me out. I still have some sand in there which i have to rinse out and put it back in the tank. I also tested my water this morning and had my water parameters spike on me overnight. So i did a partial water change and got them down a bit. I will do another water change tonight and see how that goes. (Whew!) :oops: :oops:

That sounds like a long nite. I hope all goes well. More than likely the seals dried out during the transaction and broke.

Hey guys, I got home and did a 20 gallon water change and everything seems to be doing great. After the water change i decided to sit back and relax a bit. My dogs were going crazy sniffing around the tank so i decided to go and take a look and my firefish had jumped out. He was pretty dry so i picked him up and put his head in the water to see if he would react. His little mouth was pouting and i remembered my sailfishing experience on how to revive the fish. So i began to run him through the tank so that the water could flow through his gills. Sure enough he began to swim. I did this for about 30-45 seconds until he squirmed out of my fingers. He seemed really week and stressed out and hid under a rock. This morning the wife comes out and sees him in front of the tank laying on the sand. (Not a good sign) I tap the glass and he doesnt even flinch. So I took out my scraping stick and nudged him a bit and he wiggled. I left him in the tank to see if he came to life when the lights come on this morning. Hopefully some miracle will take place but it doesnt look like he is going to make it. (I tried to put the canopy on but the light fixture braces are preventing it from falling in place. So i am going to have to rig it to mount it in the canopy. Really upsetting by the way.) :x

Back
Top Bottom