crocea clam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitetiprs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 36''coralife lunar agualight and want to know if this is enough light to keep a crocea clam or any of the giant clams? The light is on a 46 gal bowfront tank. If this is enough light where in the tank should I place it, on the live rock near the top or in the substrate?

How many bulbs and how many watts total. Most people will say you have to have mh for clams but there is one type that is much lower light than the others. Check which one at www.liveaquaria.com. You are going to need alot of watts with pc. Probably in the 5 to 7 wpg range and even then I'm not sure if a clam will do well for long on that.

I had that same hood on my 38 gal. reef and I was able to keep a crocea, although, it is not gennerally reccommended. MH lighting is prefered. You can try asquamosa or a derasa clam instead. They do not have as high of lighting requirements as maxima or crocea.

thanks for the advise. i will have quite a while to make my decision becasue my tank is pretty new. But the squamosa clam would probably be better for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom