Cross-breeding clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi every one i have a 55g, 29g, and a 20g that I'm planing to use to breed clownfish. I saw that some people have cross-bred clownfish before and thought it would be worth a try but I would like your opinions first. Also if you guys think it would be a good idea then how could I do it. Finally I was planning to have to pairs: M gold-banded maroon F black percula, and then M black percula F gold-banded maroon. Thanks.

I think Hybrids are kinda luck of the draw if they pair up. my suggestion would be to start with two juveniles that are both small, or you could start with a large perc and a small maroon in hopes that the large perc would become the dominant female. I have a feeling that an already dominant female maroon would be too aggressive for a perc that was not already submissive to her.

Thanks everyone how about i start out with a large percent and a small maroon, then a juvenile percent and a juvenile. Do you guys think that would work. Finally should I remove the baby's or leave them. Thanks

Ive never seen a cross bred maroon and perc. And i could be wrong, but im pretty sure its not possible. Maroons are a different genus than other clowns

It would be awesome. But good luck and do keep and eye on them, maroons are quite aggressive. And when clowns sexually mature, if the female doesnt want anything to do with the male, she will tear him apart. Id say this is more likely to happen with a maroon clownfish as the female

I was wondering if maybe you could seperate them with some glass for a few weeks to see how they act toward each other??

Back
Top Bottom