Crysal clear water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aravindk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone guide me how to achieve Crystal Clear Water? I have a 72g with a sump. The water is clear but still there are lots of tiny particles that float around. I read that even a system with a sump can benefit from an additional mechanical filter which helps remove those tiniest particles that are not caught by the sack in the sump or by the protien skimmer. If so, what kind of filter is that? Can I get something that fits in my sump?

I'm using filter floss in my sump right now to rid myself of the same issue you're having.... I just placed the floss in between 2 of the baffles and monitor it so I don't have a back-up.

It's working ok. Are you using a nylon filter bag of some sort on your sump input side?... I'm gonna put on one the end of the overflow line.

I too kinda wanna know if there is a small mechanical filter that I could get to put the floss and some carbon in.... It just needs to be small enough to fit, not necessarily have a huge through-put, just enough to do the job.

Yes, I am using a nylon filter bag in the inlet pipe. But that doesnt seem to do the trick. I have to look into another filter or the floss that you mentioned.

i use lilter floss and its great. I would maybe also try some chemi pure that made my tank sparkle i love it.

Back
Top Bottom