CSL going out of business????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhTheHumanity

Aquarium Advice Activist
A week and a half ago I bought a CSL PC w/ Moonlite... One of the 10K bulbs did not work... I contacted my local store where it was purchased and was told it would be in on Wed. the 14th... It did not come in with the order that day... I was then told it would be in today... I stopped by and to my surprise the owner told me he had bad news... CSL had gone out of business on yesterday and he would refund the money for the fixture... Just a little bit upset, I came home and called CSL... I got an answer and talked to a very nice person by the name of Jnaet... She told me I was the 7th person to call today and ask about them going out of business... She said she had not heard a thing about it, other than the phone calls she received...

And now to make a long story longer...

CSL is sending out a new bulb to me tomorrow or Thursday, no questions asked... I read some of the reviews about the company and it's customer service... I thought that sounds too good to be true, but I'll tell you what!!!! WOW WHAT A GREAT COMPANY!!!!

hey, how do you like the moonlight fixture, to be honest.? what size tank? do i need anything additionally? where u located and at what store>?

I'll let you know OCindustries... Right now I don't have the let on the tank... I set it up and took a quick look until I realized the bulb was bad... It looked great and I can't wait to get it back up and running... I have 48" light on my 55 gal. I boght in modesto, ca at Tropical Haven... It comes with everything you need... The fan is built in and so are the moonlites...

I run that light as well. Its a great light. Two things to consider is that its very tall for a PC, and the fan is noisy as hell. Aside from that I can't complain.

I run it also, and love the moon-lites. My fan isn't very noisy though. Mine sits off the top by about 1 1/2 - 2 inches or so.

if the fan is noisy I suggest calling them ASAP. THey had a batch of fans that had bad bearings in them and will replace them no problem. 1-760-727-8786

Read the website

sad2.gif
sad2.gif
sad2.gif
sad2.gif
sad2.gif
sad2.gif
sad2.gif

It's not going to affect Champion any. They will still support CSL products with replacement parts. They will also have a new product line to replace the CSL products.

As for the Custom Sea Life Pumps:

Here is the actual Manufacture's web site:

http://www.lainginc.com/

Click Noryl Pumps on the left side of the page and then chose any of the 140 Watt models (last three on the list). You can imediately tell they are the Custom Sea Life Pumps.

Custom Sea life merely markets these pumps for aquriums. I've spoken to the folks at Laing and they were real helpful. They will sell you parts and may even tell you were else to get the Tn type pumps.

Tom

I contacted Champion today and was told they were only going to cover CSL products purchased directly form them... So if you bought items anywhere else you need to find some other avenue...

Just after they came out with the moon-lite fixtures. Anyone else starting to manufacture fixtures like these?

Well, that sucks. I was planning on getting the 36" hood with moonlights in a few months, but I guess I'm not getting one now. Is there anything comparible in features/price out there?

Back
Top Bottom