CSL Moonlight hood exploded! Who do I call?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, came downstairs today and noticed that the fan on my 48" PC moonlight was buzzing. "i'll tighten screws a little later" I told myself only to hear a horrid sound about an hour later. Ran downstairs and the fan cracked and then broke apart from the fan chasis. Now I am wondering who to call or what to do regarding my problem. I got this light for christmas, so its not that old. I know that someone is supposedly filling CSL warranties but am unsure who it is. Thanks for your help!

I recently replaced mine after 6 years not stop running. They are pretty easy to swap out and the fan is only about $20.00. The one you want is like >>this<<. You do not need to worry how it connects as it only has two wires and will run in the right direction, no matter.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks, thats awesome! I would much rather cut the old out and install my own than have to deal with warranties. I appreciate the tip and will replace it tomorrow!

Just in case you have larger issues where warranties are needed, I believe Champion Lighting was honoring CSL warranties. Course that may be, just if you bought from them ;)

If you do decide to try to deal with Champion Lighting, I may be able to help you as I buy a good bit from them. If you call them, ask for Perry. 1-800-673-7822.

steve-s I was wondering about that fan being quiter or louder then the original cause mine is starting a louder then normal hum?

belinda said:
steve-s I was wondering about that fan being quiter or louder then the original cause mine is starting a louder then normal hum?
It might be loosely mounted or the bearings are worn. Mine starting making an awful noise before I replaced it. The new one is very silent.

Cheers
Steve

When CSL was still in business 2 months ago, I had them replace my fan on the 48" Moonlite that I bought. They even admitted that they had a bad batch of fans go out on 48" lights.

Back
Top Bottom