CSL Moonlite question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pecan2phat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Those that have the CSL Moonlites, do you also put the moonlites on a timer to come on after your actinics have gone off or do you leave them plugged in 24/7?

I have the moonlites on a timer as well. the 10,000k lights go out first, about 45 minutes later the actinic's go out, the tank is dark for about 30 minutes then the moonlights come on. About 4am the moonlites go off again.

that's what I do anyway.....I had read somewhere that the complete dark phase was also needed. I don't know if thats true or not but it made sense to me at the time.

HTH

Mike

I know captivereefs.com sells the full hoods and used to sell just the moonlights by CSL, but with CSL going out of business.....

I also read about the dark phase. I'm pretty sure that the article said 1 hour of darkness, so I put the moonlites on it's own timer. Besides, now you'll double the 50,000 usage hours of the LEDs to about 11.4 yrs.

mine have been on 24/7 for over a year. I have mandarins that do some corting thing as soon as the normal lights shut off and I have unplugged them and they dont come out and do their thing even if I plug them back in.

24/7 and the clowns and snails love them. the 2 clowns i have like to stay in the light at the bottom of the tank.

I will PM you with some details. The new moonlite hoods are made by Current USA. They are basically thge same CSL products just now made in china.

If you really want the original CSL model don't forget eBay...that's where I got mine. They're probably slim pickens now though since the company went out of business. And your taking a chance with no warranty.

I have two moon lights although I have on idea what brand. They are led and come on an adjustable stand so you can position them anyway you like. I got mine at Northcoastmarine.com.. Spendy though.. $ 50 bucks a peice.. And mine are on a timer

Michael,

Why not build your own. I did. Takes about 1 hr, maybe 1 1/2. I've got a total of maybe 20 bux in it. That's if you count the power supply I already had, and the wood I already had.

Coralife is coming out with some new moonlights very soon. They will be $16.00. A picture is below. Coral vue also sells moonlites that are $35.99

Here is the Coral vue for $35.95 it is availible in 1 or 4 watt for the same price

Back
Top Bottom