Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Too fast. Good luck, hope it works out.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ive heard that biologicaly and sceintificly that there can be cases when a cycle is non existent/instant, in the ratio of good bacteria on the rocks, and everything else that is live, from an existing tank, to the amount of ammonia introduced whatever the source may be? In turn not having to build up the amount of bacteria needed to handle ammonia to convert to nitrates, nitrites, ect. My girlfriend is in biotechnical forensics and knows to much... She tried to explain it to me .. And thats what i got out of the nitrogen cycle when in an aquarium :s any input towards this theory?

Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree it's possible for that but I'd still be weary and personally I wouldnt risk it. Defo not saying your wrong though but I old still maybe give it a week or o before e inverts just to be on the safe side
Old 12-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Inverts are very sensitive i heard, i decided to add a peppermint shrimp to clean up the apatasia, did a small pwc this morning, im glad u agree with me though, at least i dont sound farfetched, im preetty weary still about adding anything else, and feeding cautiously, so far so good, everything seems to be really happy, ive been testing daily and no change since day 1
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's good news tbh you not want to add too much too soon anyway because the tank needs to be able to cope with the bio load increasing so spread it over a few weeks
Old 12-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Like i said the ratio of bb is what im counting on, this is sort of my experiment to see if an instant cycle is possible.. Nothing else is going to be added for two weeks, pending all stays well, after adding scooter and the peppermint, the ammonia levels still havent gone above 0 so ill keep you posted on the progress i have minimal nitrites and nitrates so my guess is im cycled. Thank u for all the concern and advice tho, im keeping it all in mind throughout this startup, wish me luck!

Tags
cuc

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com