CUC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of adding a clean up crew to my newly setup 75g. It's newly set up so I don't want to add too many at once in fear of there not being enough food. Right now the tank is only stocked with 2 baby clowns (about 1" each). I was thinking for a clean up crew some Trochus snails and maybe 2 blue legged hermits with a couple of red legged hermits. What are some thoughts? I'm not really sure on the amount I should add right away so I figured I would bring it here

You are right in keeping it at a minimum right now. Not much to eat in there. How about some of these. Nassarius snails. They are excellent sand cleaners. I have always had good results with them.

I have somewhere between 5 and 10 Nassarius snails in my 46 gallon tank. Not sure how many because you never see them all at once with them living in the sand. But they are cool to watch when the come out of the sand when you are feeding your fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom