Cuddling turbo snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this normal? Brought home some turbo snails, and they seem to be happily stuck together, and the one on top is doing his best to crawl up the side of the thank.

Kind of amusing...

DSC00109-copy.jpg

I tried (gently) to separate them, but they were stuck hard - I didnt' want to pull too hard and hurt the little fellas.

6 hours later - one has broken away (there are 2 groups of three). Two of the ones from the pic are still together, the other 3 are still stuck together, and the lead one is dragging the other 2 through the sand.

Zenn... I'm in Omaha - hwody, neighbor!

What's your favorite LFS?

Well, in Lincoln where i'm at, it's probably The Fish Store. But i also like Fish World. I tried going up to Aqua Pets on Maple once but it was closed the day I went:( I'm always looking for new places though. Where do you get your stuff from in Omaha?

Been to Aquapets several times, they have strange hours, best to call and check. I think they're closed on Mondays.

Their LR selection is pretty small, and a couple peices of their "cured" LR had to be pitched because they were just covered with aiptasia's that weren't visible until I got them home - that place is very dimly lit, if I go back for more LR there I might take a flashlight ;) They have a pretty good fish selection, and are really well-educated on the subject.

Last couple trips have been to PetWorld, which is in Millard (across from the new Pizza Machine Factor or whatever that is about to open), they just moved so their fish selection is a little low, but they have a big tank full of cured Fuji LR which is all pretty nice (but $8.00/pound).

They also have a good selection of inverts, both motile and sessile.

Be careful. Turbo snails are, how can I say this in a very subtle way, oblivious, I guess?...well, they're d u m b. Sorry for thye french.

they are, however, great in keeping rocks and sand clean. They actually grazed on my sand. The problem is (a) they knock things over, and (b) they get to your powerheads and sometimes, if they're not lucky, get sucked in.

Good luck

PS: May I share a caption to you that I thought of when I saw your cute pic above?

"Carpool: Two or More passangers. Don't get pulled over"

Yeah, I've noticed they like to get stuck in a wierdest places. I'm going to have to re-arrange one of my LR pieces, cause 3 times now they've gotten wedged in a wierd spot, and clearly couldn't get out. Took me some effort to turn them the right way to dislodge them.

Almost had one crawl out of the tank.

But boy, they're doing a good job eating up the cyano - you can see these "paths" around everywhere they've been.

Back
Top Bottom