CupriSorb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got CupraSorb, it is a package of resin beads that remove copper, and the LFS guy told me that it would reduce the amount of copper, but whenever i will turn the gravel it will release more copper, how will i remove the copper from the gravel, do i have to replace it? and how do i remove copper from the silicone adhesive. The LFS guy told me that to remove the copper from the silicone, i would have to leave the tank fishless, substrateless, and decorationless, and leave it for 1 month with CupriSorb in it throughout the whole time.

TIA

P-MAN

There is only 1 difinitive way I know to remove the copper from the sylicon and know for sure its gone. And that would be to reseal the tank.

It would probably be easier to swap out the substrate for new substrate expecially if your comming up positive for copper.

Do you know if you dosed with cleated copper?

Cupramine will be much easier to remove than any other form of copper. That does not ensure it will be 100% but it's a decent hope. As well as the cuprisorb, I would also suggest a polyfilter.

Cheers
Steve

Heh, that polyfilter site claims it eliminates the need for a protein skimmer. Bold statement :)

Back
Top Bottom