curly cue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darb2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Live rock came yesterday. There was a noter on the box saying careful of the curlycue anenome, they are sharp! I have looked in my books and can't find info on them. Where should I put him in the tank? Check sig for lighting etc. Thanks

Curly cue's are partially photosynthetic but do not need to rely on the lighting to remain healthy. Place the rock it's on about midway in the tank if possible in a med flow area. It will find it's own place once settled in. Until fish are added, it would help to feed it small amounts a few times a month. Once fish are added you can cut back but I would still offer it something twice monthly.

Cheers
Steve

I got a pretty big one really maybe 7inches when spread out. He loves brine etc.. or jsut basking and becomes active when feeding the fish.Every said it was a bad anenome , stings fish kills fish etc.... I have all small fish and he could easily take one if they came close enough ,but he has yet to cause any problems.

I agree very kool looking

kidkameleon3 said:
I got a pretty big one really maybe 7inches when spread out.
Wouldn't wanna post a pic would you? That's awfully big for the species.

Every said it was a bad anenome , stings fish kills fish etc.... I have all small fish and he could easily take one if they came close enough
All true except being bad! They are what they are.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom