custom tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidy07

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so I'm undecided on the tank measurements that I want. I want a cube 35x35x35 that's 185 gallons.

Ok so my question is, is that to deep for light penetration ? I will be using dimable LEDs from rapidled.com

crister13 said:
You could just put higher light corals higher up.

ok because I really want the water volume and the look of a cube

Yup. That'll work. I would get powerful lights to start with but if you think about it is like lighting any 3x3 tank. Just depends on the depth if placement.

crister13 said:
Yup. That'll work. I would get powerful lights to start with but if you think about it is like lighting any 3x3 tank. Just depends on the depth if placement.

I was thinking of two 6"x20" heatsinks but il find out later about that

U could use a radion to light it... Bet that could even do clams on the sandbed

My tank is about 34 deep and my LEDs reach bottom. As a matter of fact I had to pull them up to 11 from water. I have two bubble tip nem,s at bottom and they are doing great

Hardridge said:
My tank is about 34 deep and my LEDs reach bottom. As a matter of fact I had to pull them up to 11 from water. I have two bubble tip nem,s at bottom and they are doing great

wow that's great what LEDs are u using ??

Hardridge said:

What LEDs?

Back
Top Bottom