Cutting a Chocolate Chip Sea Star.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefNoob0424

Aquarium Advice Activist
A couple of weeks ago I purchases mated pair Harlequin Shrimps from my LFS. I put them in my 29g and they were doing great always following each other also I put in a Chocolate Chip Sea Star and they were both on it together . I just upgraded to a 55g and transferred the Harlequin Shrimps and all of the sudden they turned on each other. I think one problem (corrected if I'm wrong) when I purchased them their sizes were switched, the female was half the size of the male. The male is on top of the sea star but every time the female came over he would attack. The male took off one of the females large claw in front.

My question to this thread is, is there a video or website that I can go to research on how to cut a Sea Star so I can feed my Harlequin Shrimps so they don't fight over one?

I actually read that before. Is there any more information about it?

As well as that one haha. Is there video on this on how to cut a sea star?

Yes but people say you have to cut a little bit of the oral disk for it to regenerate.

What have you got to loose? It's food right. Try it, see what happens. Talk to your LFS maybe they know.

Definitely will. Thank you so much. If you get any new information about the sea star send me a pm.

Purchased my Marble Sea Star. He stared moving minutes after I cut him. This is what I did.

image-1692050348.jpg

Before

image-2042085089.jpg

After

It will take a very long time for a starfish to regenerate limbs. You will need 50 of them for this to work.

Well the reason I cut them is because my mated harlequin shrimps turned on each other and when I fed them one sea star the male would scare off the female and eat the whole sea star so that's the reason I cut them. Sad story the male just took both the sea stars and is eating them both right now.

Any ideas on how to feed the female with out being harassed by the male?

Back
Top Bottom