Cuttlefish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doug01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I did a search in the forums and didn't see much on them in the way of keeping them with other fish and in a reef. I have a 125G Reef with a Clown and a Damsel. I am thikning that they would be a meal for the cuttle fish but I don't know for certain b/c I know they mostly prey on Shrimp and such.

Does anybody have any experience with one being raised from an egg with other fish?

Depending on the specie most often available to hobbyists I'd be willing to guarantee your fish would be eaten and in a small tank, yes 125g could be considered small with some species ime, they would eventually fight/cannibalise each other if not properly paired.

They say that it is a "sepia Robertsii" species, but I cannot find anything on that particular species.

Would they just eat the fish or would Coral be at risk too?

I'm not familiar with that species and possibly a typo or a past name no longer in use/replaced. Is this from a local lfs? Ask where they were collected from or whom you can contact (their wholesaler) to find out more information.

Back
Top Bottom