Cyanno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrapeApe

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm having cyanno issues all my levels are perfect I'm not feeding at all I only have 2 corals could it be dead zones?????ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397520954.243750.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397520969.152926.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397521003.591161.jpg

You're not getting any readings because that's what cyano feeds off of is nitrates and phosphates! Keep up your water changes ( bigger and more frequently). And make sure you are using RO/DI water. Not tap

It might be because I'm on my phone and the pics are wee, but I can't see any cyano. There might be some diatoms tho.

My tank is only 3 weeks old but half of my water is cycled with my live rock and live sand but I've had cyanno issues before

I'll post a pic tomorrow on the love rock I think my circulation just isn't get everywhere

Try moving your power heads to the ends of your tank pointer at each other. It's most likely diatoms. They feed silica and will burn themselves out in time. All new tanks go thru a series of maladies. Next may be a Cynao. Make sure to use RO/"DI" water Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom