I am in the midst of a Cyano
bloom and have tried to read up as much as possible on ways to combat but have a few questions.
Things I am doing
More frequent water changes
-1 per week
Optimizing skimmer efficiency
- Aqua C Remora HOB
- I have a Tang and a clown. The tang gets Seaweed selects 2x3 square every other day and the clown gets Nutrafin Marine Flake food every other day
Things I am going to do or considering:
Increase water flow
- currently have two Maxijet 1200 and one Maxijet 1200 running the HOB
skimmer for 55gal tank. Considering installing a closed loop with a Mag 9.5.
Using a phosphate sponge
1) Anything I am doing wrong or should be considering?
2)How do I go about cleaning the cyano
on sandbed? Just vaccum up the sand?
3) Should I try to remove off the sandbed before getting it under control? won't it just grow back.
4) is it Ok to just scrape it off the glass? won't this spread it around the tank
5) I have never used/seen a phosphate sponge. Recommendations? Can I use these in my AquaClear 300 HOB
that I have left from freshwater days?
Thanx for the help. It is getting worse every day!!