cyano keeps coming back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worth a good rinsing to rule them out at least I would think.

I'm not sure. I'd personally opt for rubble over bioballs though. For a start, I'd rinse the balls to see if that's where the issue is coming from. If it is, then definitely switch. JMO.

Is it a wet/dry trickle or are the bio-balls submerged? Sounds like they are submerged, correct?

half of them are submerged and the other half are sitting there to act as a baffle and a bubble trap

well IMO there is nothing wrong with bio-balls when used outside of a wet/dry application. They actually have more surface area than most (if not all LR). Where bio-balls fall down is in the wet/dry method where the water with all the floaters fall on the bb's out of the water. That's where the stuff gets stuck. The same thing would happen with LR used in that application.

Look and them both and think which one looks more likely to grab onto a hunk of food and not let it go,,, you round bioball or the cavernous LR?

Anyway, that's my 2 cents..

Fact is if you have enough LR in your main you don't need either in your sump.

i am really just using them as a baffle/bubble trap in my sump.....any other suggestions for a baffle/bubble trap?....i will take a pic of my sump tomorrow and post it....am at work right now!

I still think your problems lies elsewhere.. where I don't know..but that's just me

I believe he`s talking about the glass panes that act as baffles in the refuge Matt.

Back
Top Bottom