cyano keeps coming back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could, i guess, take them out for a bit and see if your nitrates stop rising. Kind of anecdotal but at this point it's kind of blind mans darts anyway. You'd have to live w/ the microbubbles temporarily unless you sponge your return (and even then...)

Or even, as was suggested before, take em out clean them and put them back as a first test.

'A bubble trap is a narrow section within the sump that is made up of three baffles. The center one is higher than the two outer ones.' ... or 2 baffles really

Matt, Alot of folks dont know about your set up. Tell everyone about your tank and setup. That might help everyone out.

The sump/fuge is in 3 parts. The first part is the fuge. That spills over into the baffle area. Then the water goes to the section where the return pump and skimmer are. The water coming from the main tank is split - half to the fuge and half to the baffle area. My return water then passes through my UV light back into my tank. The baffle area is where to bio - balls are. I can see hair algae growing there also. I do not know that much about modifying the sump if I have to, at least for the baffle area.

Back
Top Bottom