Cyano Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have tried a few, but what made the most impact is when I bought my own RO/DI unit. I used to buy from the LFS, but I'm not so convinced they changed their filters as often as they should. I used ROWA, I think thats what it's called and that made a change somewhat. Also I started being more mindful of what foods I was putting in...started making my own. Some people swear by the absorbers, but it just really wasn't worth the money IMO. The fastest way I know is by doing water changes with 0 phosphate water.

I just put that stuff in my filter yesterday...dont see any improvement yet, will problably test tommorow, but if theres no change by that time, I hear Chem-Clean works as a last resort...cyano is freakin nasty to look at and frustrating to deal with..Im in the mist trying to get rid of it myself..have you done a SEARCH for "cyano"? alot of good ideas..good luck :|

I have used Chemi-clean before too, and I can tell you, if you don't eliminate the nutrients, you'll have to keep buying it. But it does work to some extent. Also, Cerith snails and mexican dwarf hermit crabs (clibanarius digueti) are both good for cyano from what I hear. The crabs I know are and they are reef safe, used em in my tank for that once and they did a hellva job. :D

Back
Top Bottom