Cyano vanished overnight !?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is crazy!

I have had a cyano problem since I moved the tank. Tank parameters still fluctuating, very tolerable though. I have to suck the cyano out once a week, been 1 mo. now since move. No biggie, I expected it. With the new LR locations (blocking flow) and mixing up the LS and all.

Last night I made a concious note of the algae again, I wanted the wife to notice my quandry, so she would give me the OK to buy more stuff.

THIS MORNING IT'S 90% GONE...............! What could have happened. :?:

inhabitants are only Coral beauty, Lyretail Anthia, serpent star, YSM clown. and the usual Hermits and snails. I have nothing in particular that fancies cyano.

Water quality got better. Did you clean anything within the last week or so? Does your Eheim Pro 2227 have sponges in it?

cyano magically reappears after the lights have been on a few hours

Wow! I didn't know that, but it makes sense..... light=food

Does your Eheim Pro 2227 have sponges in it?
Got rid of canister filter 6 mos ago. I was having leak issues, and I just used for water movement and Chemipure or carbon, no sponges.

Did you clean anything within the last week or so?
Nope!

Haven't changed anything in a mo. Call me crazy (or Lucky), but I can go 4-8 weeks w/o a water change and parameters stay the same. I know this defies all logic, but really, that's the case.

cyano magically reappears after the lights have been on a few hours.
HHHMMMM.............Never noticed that before!

I am truely baffled!!! I have only been at this reef thing 2 1/2 years, but I know this is something strange.

Okay...I admit it...It was me. I came over took care of the cyno while you were sleeping. Let me know if it comes back! :p

I've seen cyno appear and then disappear from a friend's tank just because the skimmer was cleaned for the first time in 6 months.

i had cyno right after my cycle. it also dissapeared one night.

i attribute it to two things
1) i manually removed 90% of it the day before
2) my skimmer was done "breakig in" and started producing skimate.

it hasnt come back yet

cyano magically reappears after the lights have been on a few hours.
Well, I hoped this was an exception. It's baaaaaack! Never noticed the disappearing act before.
I've seen cyno appear and then disappear from a friend's tank just because the skimmer was cleaned for the first time in 6 months.
I cleaned my skimmer right after the move, and now I have it. Just a coincidence though.

I was happy to enjoy a pretty maintenance free tank for a while. Now I have to take a few steps back, I guess. Time to get wet again.

Okay...I admit it...It was me. I came over took care of the cyno while you were sleeping.
If I leave you some cookies and milk will you take careof it for good this time?

Back
Top Bottom