Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
Thanx but no.....

Reef Central Online Community

My FOWLR hoovers in the 40 range when I get lazy and miss a pwc (or 2). I don't do corals but my inverts and fish seem happy.

I have macro (well sometimes) and it grows like a weed (yea nitrates) but I get frustrated with it invading my return section etc and rip it out. Then I give in and get some more.. instead of fixing the problem with the sump baffle (there's a lesson and personal insight there somewhere)

I'd suggest maybe doing another big pwc and see if they come down. Or starting with a hardy species and not inverts since they are likely to come from a low nitrate environment if it's a good lfs.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #12
is back to save the day!

Ok that sounds good. Thanks for all that help. I've come to learn that ocellaris clownfish are pretty hardy. Is this correct? These were two fish i planned on getting. But aside from that, i wasn't going to get any corals or inverts until my nitrates droped down to at least 15 or below. I just wanted two fish two start out with and see how they fair in the tank.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
Thanx but no.....

From a nitrate perspective I agree. I'd never advise any fish in a tank showing ammonia or nitrites though.

Good luck w/ it
Old 08-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #14
is back to save the day!

Alright then. But also, i have been testing both ammonia and nitrites for the past two days and have not had a single bit of either of them. And i agree with you as well, no matter how little the level is, i would never put anything in the tank with ammonia or nitrites.

Thanks for you're help Captain. Appreciated very much. Thincat as well.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Zer0,

I'll have some macro ( Chaeto ) for you as well as the other stuff when you are ready...
Old 08-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #16
is back to save the day!

Really!? That's awesome! Thanks so much!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to match55 Send a message via MSN to match55 Send a message via Yahoo to match55
someone just gave me the site last night for macro algae and I think the price r pretty good.
ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Plants/Macroalgae

Tags
cycle, fuzzy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com