Cycle now with Diatoms ...bubbles in it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious... been a long time since I have cycled a sw tank... do diatoms always have air bubblesin them??? What are they from? My power heads are not blowing any into the water at all. Anyways, weird... I'm about a week into my cycle and my LR is covered and some of my substrate... ewww! Hurts me looking at my tank like this LOL!

...Just had to add that the kids came home today and said we REALLLLLLY needed to get a "New" tank, that this one is "Ugly" LOL... Let's see how they feel in a few weeks! ;)

how about a pic... may be cyno bacteria/red slime algae do a search on this site or google for pics to compair it. When I had diatom it did not have bubbles, my cyno did..

Unfortunately, ditto here...I began to notice the bubbles in my algae too, but not during the diatom cycle. The bubbles formed in my green cyanobacteria.

Paul

Thanks guys... I had added a new HOB which had shot air bubbles into the tank, sticking on the rocks, I blew them off with the ph and nothing since... Phew! I was getting worried... I do have Diatoms though ewwww!

Back
Top Bottom