Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cyclop eze

Just bought some for my 2 clowns. My lfs advised that I not feed any of my brine shrimp or mysis shrimp on the same day if I feed the cyclopeze. Just wondering why they suggested that. Also I've read that it's meant to just be a supplement. Should it not be used daily?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
RJT
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not sure why the lfs recommended no mysis and cyclopeze on same day. A lot of people feed their finicky anthias, mandarins and seahorses cyclopeze and mysis the same day.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've only ever used cyclopeeze for hard to feed fish. Not sure what your lfs is going on about not mixing regular food with it. I have even added it to the mysis and brine I feed daily with no ill effects.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cool thanks for the insight, saw a thing on mr saltwater tank tv the other day about using a condiment bottle for feeding, seemed brilliant so I think I'll mix my brine, mysis and cyclopeze into nice slurry and see how the clowns like it.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

And on another note, does the cyclopeze really enhance the color of the fish and if so how noticeable is the difference and how long before you would start to notice a difference
Old 11-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I havent really noticed any difference in fish coloring after feeding it, but I have never fed it for that long. Its more of a supplement to a fishs diet not a staple. You can also use it to feed corals as well since its so small. My duncans used to love that stuff. lol

I mix a red party cup up of a mix of brine, mysis, bloodworms and some rods food and just use a turkey baster to put the mix into each tank. The cup holds about 3 days worth of food for my 6 tanks.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Actually your LFS is right. I bought PE Mysis/Cyclopeeze pack. Mysis is for fish and cyclopeeze is for inverts. I tried feeding both in one day for a week and my nitrates and phosphate went up through the roof. So now I am feeding cyclopeeze every 2-3 days.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I guess it also depends how much you feed. I used to dump one cube of cyclopeeze but now I cut the cube in half.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I feed my tank a combo of mysis/cyclops/rod's food everyday. The only thing that eats cyclop-eze in my tank are the gorgonians.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaClown View Post
Actually your LFS is right. I bought PE Mysis/Cyclopeeze pack. Mysis is for fish and cyclopeeze is for inverts. I tried feeding both in one day for a week and my nitrates and phosphate went up through the roof. So now I am feeding cyclopeeze every 2-3 days.
Do you not strain out your cubes before put them in the tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com