Cyclop-eze... how much? how often?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Cyclop-eze looks so tiny you wouldn't think it could foul water... DUH! Of course it can. I was just surprised by how fast it happens. I was feeding my new anthias a couple scrapings of cyclop-eze a day with some mysis and MAN did it foul my water fast. I've stopped using it all together until I can figure out how much of it is sufficient to feed. Luckily they'll eat anything under the sun and I've switched them over to Formula 1, 2 & Prime Reef (which is what my main eats anyway). Just curious how you're able to use it and not cause an ammo issue :)

I use it for feeding my corals. My fish eat it too but, it's intended for the particulate feeders. I use a SMALL piece, say equivalent to a 1/4" diameter, and feed it about 3 times per week.

I know my polyps, zoos and plate coral love it. I actually can see them gobble it up. The polyps close up and pull it in and so do my mushrooms. Very cool

I have been using about the size of the O shown mainly just for my sun polyps. No problems with water after only a week. Will update if that changes though. I also feed daily with a few flakes or 1/2 cube of spirulina brine shrimp rotated daily.

I've cut back to once maybe twice a week and I now target feed just corals w/ it. Alittle of that stuff goes along way. FWIW, I've also put myself on general feeding restrictions LOL-I only feed the tank on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday now. I've noticed my water looks better as do my SPS.

I use Marine plankton with cyclop-eeze once or twice a week. One pump from the dispenser is all

Back
Top Bottom