Cyclops frozen food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milhous3er

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've recently started feeding Cyclops to my clown and pseudochromis. What i'm using is Sallys frozen Cyclops. When I try to break the cube up, it almost instantly melts and can't be fed as a chunk. It almost looks as if its like a marine snow in the tank.

Surely there is a easier way to feed with this product.

Thaw it in a glass of tank water then use a turkey baster to target feed. Cyclopeeze is a really small food that is generally used for fry or filter feeders. Your fish might go after it though.

It's a gerat food for corals and filer feeders. The freeze-dried type can clump a bit and then my fish go after it. It breaks apart when they touch it, but they seem to get some.
You can alos try just cutting a small piece and throwing that in the tank.

The first time I fed them, I let it thaw. Bad idea. The second time I just cut it off the cube, and placed it directly in tank. It held together long enough for them to get some, i'm just more worried about excess nitrates and phosphates getting too much because of the uneaten food.

I feed cyclopese often. A LFS makes their own and sells it in a frozen candy bar shaped tube.

I feed it in conjunction with mysis or brine. The coral love it, and you can see them throw their polyps and tenticles into the water column when I add it. I also give them oyster placenta, the refigerated kind.

I wouldn't feed only the cyclopese to fish as I think it is too small for them alone, but I do let it into the tank totally thawed for feeding things other than fish.

We have been feeding it for 6 months every other day, and we have 0 PPM nitrates.

Its not my regular food. It goes with something else during my 6 day cycle for my fish. Since its so small, when I do feed, I either put a small chunk of it in so the fish can nibble at it, or I break it down and feed my corals with it. I was expecting it to hold together alittle better when I bought it.

Its not my regular food. It goes with something else during my 6 day cycle for my fish. Since its so small, when I do feed, I either put a small chunk of it in so the fish can nibble at it, or I break it down and feed my corals with it. I was expecting it to hold together alittle better when I bought it.

Its not suposed to hold together, thats the way it is..... tiny

Back
Top Bottom