Cyno and Bubble Hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertfah

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so many of you know that I've posted that I have (now had) a severe problem with cyano and bubble hair algae. I heeded some advice from members and got a Phosban Reactor (two little fishes model) and 'The Hair & Bubble Algae Cleaner Package' from eTropicalshttp://etropicals.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=45&pCatId=1369

My tank has cleared up significantly after 2 days of each product coming in. My algae is under control and for once, I don't feel like when I wake up in the morning there will be cyano or bubble hair covering my sand bed.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who gave advice.

That's great! I'm looking at one of those same reef packages right now...

Basic & Deluxe Reef Packages
http://www.etropicals.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=45&pCatId=1766

I have a 46 gallon, and I notice their packages are built for 30-gallon and 55-gallon aquariums...the 30 pack might not be enough; however, the 55-gallon has over 120 little organisms, and I just can't imagine where all those little suckers will fit in my 46-gallon!!! :)

I tried building my own, but that was much more expensive. I put in a middle ground, for instance if the 30-gallon package had 20 crabs, and the 55-gallon had 30, I tried to build my own with 25. This ended up being almost $30 more expensive than the prebuild 55....So what do you think? Would the 30-gallon package do my 46-gallon good?

Paul

The link that I sent you is the one I got for my 155g. Yeah I know it's a tad-bit too small, but I couldn't see spending 300 bucks on the one for my tank if it didn't work. I don't have LR but I do have LS, so there's not a whole lot for those critters to eat (beside the cyano and bubble algae).

I tried the same thing, building my own, and it was way more expensive. The nice part about the packages is that it includes standard overnight shipping in the price.

You're kidding, right? If you want expensive, try the local shops! They are outrageous!! And no, good luck finding half of these organisms locally.

Paul

ou're kidding, right? If you want expensive, try the local shops! They are outrageous!! And no, good luck finding half of these organisms locally.

AMEN!

LFS's tend to be really expensive, unless they're in a marketable place that they can afford to have lower prices. Alteast my LFS's are expensive, I mean I'll buy some fish from them or something that I may need right away, but I usually add things to my Drs Foster & Smith cart and order it all at once.

Great news on winning the battle...
I special order almost all my inverts.. Most LFS have hardly any inverts in stock and if they do there just Turbo or asteria snails. To get a good mix you almost always have to go online.

Scarlet hermits cost 3 bucks each in my area... can get them cheaper online and if you order enough shipping is free..

Robert keep checking the levels to keep winning the battle... the phosban will last 3 months in a tank with low PO4. If you started with a higher level I would change out sooner...

good luck..

i had very high levals of po4. My phosban lasted about a month not even but my cyno cleared up alot. Its starting to show up again so i gotta change it like now but it worked great for me.

Back
Top Bottom