Daddy to be, ready to pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
My male Reidi is very close to delivering. He is dark, moody and just looks miserable. Shouldn't be long now.

very cool..
my wife wants me to set up a seahorse tank, I have a 35 tall that I'm thinking about using.. They are very cool critters..
Just not sure I'm ready for them..

They aren't so bad if you get good stock. I failed my first time but these last ones are super hardy. :wink:
Dracomarine.org
This is where I got mine and would recommend them to anyone considering horses.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately things have gone down hill. My male Reidi has succumbed to a bacterial infection and I've been forced to put him down.

Ray, if I understand your question, the babies chances being raised with the adults are not so good. They need constant food supplies so trying to get enough food to them in a large tank could be a problem. Also in my experience they aren't very strong so really it is best to sperate them into a small barebottom tank with a sponge filter or air stone. This eliminates the chances of them being sucked into the power equipment. And lastly, there is always the chance that the adult horses will eat the young.

Thanks Jchillin. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do(fishwise) and I hope I never have to do it again. I'm better today but had a hard time dealing with it last night.

Back
Top Bottom